Heather C. Kirson
Florida Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
Heather C. Kirson is a Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney. She specializes in Asset Preservation Planning, Medicaid, Special Needs Trusts, VA Benefits, Planning for Disability, Guardianship, Wills, Trusts, Advance Directives, and Probate and Trust Administration.
Heather is a VA Accredited Attorney and is the past Co-Chair of the Orange County Bar Association’s Elder Law Committee. Heather’s legal experience is enhanced by her prior career in Geriatric Care Management. As an associate Geriatric Care Manager, she assisted elders and their families in securing Medicaid Benefits and VA Benefits to pay for long-term care. Heather understands the sensitive issues facing elders and their families. Her experience and understanding enhance her ability to properly analyze your legal issues, and offer you individualized strategic legal advice.
- Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Co-Chair of the Medicaid Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Executive Council of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Legislative Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Guardianship Committee of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar (RPPTL)
- Member of the Continuing Education Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member of the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA)
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association: Estate, Guardianship & Trust Committee
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association Elder Law Committee
- Member of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member of the Florida State Guardianship Association (FSGA)
- Named Florida Legal Elite Up & Comer 2011
- Member of the Best Buddies Advisory Board, Central Florida
- Recognized by the Supreme Court of Florida for exceptional pro bono service in 2013
- Past Co-Chair of the Orange County Bar Elder Law Committee
Heather earned her undergraduate degree from Rollins College and her law degree from Florida A&M University, College of Law.