Skip to Content


Community Service with The Mustard Seed of Central Florida

November 30, 2022 in News

The Elder Law Center of Kirson & Fuller had the pleasure of volunteering at The Mustard Seed of Central Florida on Friday, November 18th. We were able to assist in various activities including retail preparation, mattress recycling, donation separation and organizing. 

The Mustard Seed’s 20,000 square-foot warehouse was built in 1999 entirely by the hearts, hands, and generosity of its caring community partners. Assisting more than 3,000 people annually, 97% of those served are economically disadvantaged, according to the Federal Poverty Index. The other 3% are disaster victims whose circumstances left them without financial resources to create stable futures.

Accompanied by a Recycling Department, The Mustard Seed uses and re-uses every item donated. The Mustard Seed is able to recycle the unusable items through their individual parts: metals, cardboard, sheet plastics, fabric, foam and wood. Since 2011, The Mustard Seed’s Recycling Department has deconstructed more than 160,000 mattresses and sold their components, diverting nearly 4 million cubic feet of waste from the landfill while protecting the environment. The Mustard Seed’s recycling efforts generate income to help fund the furniture and clothing programs. 

Whether it is furniture, clothes, your time or a financial contribution, your donation will go a long way. With The Mustard Seed servicing 5 to 8 families a day, allocating an average of 15 pieces of furniture per family (500 pieces of furniture per week), your generous charity will help to support the furniture and clothing program. Amazon is also participating by donating .05% of every purchase made through Amazon Smile, when you select The Mustard Seed as your choice of charity. You can also shop from their Wish List to make your gift go further. 

After more than 30 years of service, The Mustard Seed is still growing and evolving into a non-profit for the future, one that is self-sustaining and able to adapt to the growing needs in the community.












Free Consultation

This slideout can include a call-to-action or a quick scroll back to the top.

Scroll to Top